What is UNION ?
UNION is a satellite positioning engine for accurate and real-time navigation for mass-market devices such as smartphones and vehicles.
- This technology is developed under the framework of the UNION (Undifferenced and Uncombined Positioning Engine) project, a collaborative R&D European project funded by the Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency (GSA). The partners that make it possible are ROKUBUN, acting as the coordinator, and the Cartographic and Geological Institute of Catalonia (ICGC).
- The goal of the project is to develop a technology that provides accurate and real-time navigation for mass-market devices such as vehicles, drones or smartphones, among others.
- UNION technology will be validated and demonstrated for two relevant applications (verticals): road and Location Based Services, LBS (smartphones), although it can be used in other applications such as Aerial Unmanned Vehicles, AUV (drones).
- UNION, as a precise positioning solution, will improve:
- Continuity, especially in navigation sessions spanning hundreds of kilometres.
- Accuracy. UNION will represent a major breakthrough in mass-market oriented navigation solutions, reaching meter–level accuracy in smartphones and lane-level navigation in road applications.
- Availability of precise navigation any time in broad geographical areas.
We will develop a satellite positioning engine aiming at providing platform agnostic accurate and scalable navigation for mass-market devices merging RTK and PPP benefits.
We will validate and demonstrate UNION for two relevant verticals: road and LBS (smartphones).
We will build a business case for UNION solutions, service and applications.
We will promote our findings and developments through various dissemination activities (including a workshop at ICGC)
See all events
UNION Preliminary Design Review Meeting
UNION System Requirements Review Meeting
UNION Kick-Off Meeting
- No documents have been added for the moment.
- This project has received funding from the European Union Agency for the Space Programme under grant agreement No GSA/GRANT/06/2019-UNION